Merger Notification - Announcement according to § 10 Cartel Act

Mate GmbH; System 7 Group GmbH - BWB/Z-5108 | Bundeswettbewerbsbehörde

Mate GmbH; System 7 Group GmbH



On 20.11.2020 the following merger was notified at the Federal Competition Authority:

Planned purchase process

The concentration consists of the acquisition of 30% of the shares in System 7 Railholding GmbH by MATE GmbH by way of a capital increase, with the remaining 70% still being held by System 7 group GmbH.

MATE GmbH is part of the AFW Group and parent company of Linsinger Maschinenbau Gesellschaft m.B.H and Linmag GmbH.

System 7 group GmbH in turn holds (i) around 80.85% of System 7 Railtechnology GmbH, (ii) around 66.89% of System 7 - Railsupport GmbH S7, (iii) 100% of HP 3 Real GmbH and (iv) around 82% of STMG-GmbH. System 7 group GmbH will contribute the above-mentioned shares to System 7 Railholding GmbH prior to the participation of MATE GmbH. As a result of the concentration, these companies will be jointly controlled by MATE GmbH and System 7 group GmbH through System 7 Railholding GmbH.

The economic owners of (i) MATE are Friedrich Weingärtner and Andreas Weingärtner and (ii) System 7 group GmbH is Dr. Hans-Jörg Holleis.

Business activities: Manufacture of machine tools (C 28.41), Manufacture of other general purpose machinery (C 28.29), Manufacture of other special purpose machinery (C 28.99-9), Wholesale of machinery for mining, quarrying and construction (G 46.63-0), Holding companies (K 64.20-0)

Industry sector: C - Verarbeitendes Gewerbe/Herstellung von Waren

Deadline for bringing in an application pursuant to § 11(1) Cartel Act will end on 18.12.2020.

Entrepreneurs whose legal or economic interests are affected by the merger can bring in a written statement at the Federal Competition Authority or the Federal Cartel Prosecutor within 14 days from publication date.

Note: The intervening party has no right to a certain treatment of the statement and will not gain a party position.

Non-prohibition of the merger

The Federal Competition Authority and the Federal Cartel Prosecutor have not applied for examination of the merger by the Cartel Court. The standstill obligation (§ 17 (1) Cartel Act) ends with effect from 19.12.2020 .

back to list