The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and its Competition Committee, as well as the Working Parties on Competition and Regulation and Co-operation and Enforcement, are important forums for the discussion of competition policy issues. These forums are used to meet and talk about relevant competition issues on a regular basis. The AFCA contributes actively, both taking part in discussions and submitting written papers.
The Competition Committee and its Working Parties meet twice a year in Paris. The OECD Global Forum on Competition meets every year and includes a wider group of participants. It brings together OECD members and delegates from more than 110 countries worldwide to discuss key topics on the global competition agenda.
Natalie Harsdorf-Borsch has been the OECD Competition Committee’s UNCTAD Coordinator since 2018, a position for which she was unanimously selected. Austria also joined the OECD Competition Bureau for the first time upon her appointment.
The AFCA has submitted numerous written statements and taken part in many discussions on current and relevant competition topics over the last few years. Some of these statements and contributions to discussions were as follows (including links):
- Competition and Inflation
- Competition in Energy Markets
- The Evolving Concept of Market Power in the Digital Economy
- Competition Compliance Programmes
- News Media and Digital Platforms
- Environmental Considerations in Competition Enforcement
- Criminalisation of cartels and bid rigging conspiracies
- Using market studies to tackle emerging competition issues
- The standard of review by courts in competition cases
- Hub-and-spoke arrangements in competition
- Access to the case file and protection of confidential information
- Investigative power in practice
- Suspensory Effects of Merger Notifications and Gun Jumping
- Designing publicly funded healthcare markets.
Further information about the OECD can be found here.
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2016
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2014/2015
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2013/2014
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2012/2013
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2011/2012
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2010/2011
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2009/2010
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2007/2008
Annual report of the BWB for the OECD 2005/2006